z-axis movement shaky

Hier könnt Ihr Probleme und Fragen zum Antrieb des RF1000 behandeln. Damit sind ausschließlich die Schrittmotoren, Kugelgewindetrieb und Zahnriemen gemeint
Stevdk
Filamenttester
Filamenttester

z-axis movement shaky

Beitrag von Stevdk »

Hi

I hope i can write in english on this forums, im not that good at writing german.

I bought a renkforce rf1000 from conrad. I general it does a really nice job, but when running with the machine we have noticed som deviation on the z-axis. which gives the objects a wave like surface in the z direction.

I have add a picture of a cylinder 5 cm long and 2 cm in diameter

also see this video on youtube of the bedplate moving in the z direction, notice ho it rocks from side ot side, specially close to the top.

http://youtu.be/JGRmPmJEwv8

is this normal behavior for the renkforce rf1000 or could it be the spindles which are out of alignment or bend ?

it was the completed version we bought.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
R3D3
Developer
Developer

Re: z-axis movement shaky

Beitrag von R3D3 »

Hi Stevdk - welcome. (Does dk denote Denmark?)

Well, you can always try with English ;)

This, a 5.5 mm periodic wave along Z, looks like an unfortunately not rare problem, namely that the spindles may be slightly less than perfectly straight. To rule out other possible causes make sure that there are no other loose parts. However, it is a bought complete printer so that is unlikely. The good news is that I hear from afflicted customers on the forum that if you have a valid warranty Conrad will provide exchange of the parts. The bad news is they will usually start by insisting that you return the entire printer and if you don't wish to part with it for so long it may take some effort to convince them otherwise - then again some have even managed to get a 1 for 1 exchange of the faulty parts against new ones. The first thing in any case is to contact Conrad and explain the problem - the pic is evidence enough. Hope this helps. (I'm attaching a translation for our non-English speakers.)

Übersetzung: wohl Problem mit unrunden Spindeln, habe Stevdk geraten sich mit Conrad in Verbindung zu setzen.

Vielleicht können Mitglieder, die dasselbe Problem gehabt haben, extra Hilfe geben? Falls nötig kann ich übersetzen.
Schönen Gruß - R3D3 :victory:

RF1000 | 0.91.48dual | RH 1.6.2 | plus noch:
- Z-Endschalter "+", Not-Aus, Erhöhte X-Schleppkette
- Dual Extruder; angepasste Einhausung; Boardkühlung,
- Dauerdruckplatte, Extrudermotorlüfter
Stevdk
Filamenttester
Filamenttester

Beitrag von Stevdk »

Yea I am from Denmark :)

Thanks for the quick reply

It was also my suspecion that the spindle might be imperfect. I am in contact with conrad, and posted here to make sure my suspecion were right, before handing the macine over to conrad, since it might take some time to repair.

thanks for translating.

when the renkforce runs correctly, how smooth and straight results are you able to yeild ?
wolfkarst
Erfahrener 3D-Drucker
Erfahrener 3D-Drucker

Beitrag von wolfkarst »

Hello,
the Spindle-Problem is well known. On my Printer the Problem occures only when I am printing Things over 10cm.

The smoothness of the surfaces depends on
- your Slicer (e.g. Cura makes good top-Surfaces, but bad Side-Surfaces - Slic3r is the opposite of it),
- the thickness of your Layers (a thinner Layer makes the surface smoother, but you will get other Problems)
- on your Printing Settings and
- on the Direction of the print.
It's a lot of Try and Error

My best results are not feelable but still visible.

Please feel free to Ask more questions, etc.

Kind Regards
Karsten
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Stark Modifizierte RF1000 ... u.a. Getriebe für Servos, neue Elektrik, E6V-Extruder, ...
Stevdk
Filamenttester
Filamenttester

Beitrag von Stevdk »

On my printer it makes the variation from the beginning, so it does cause a bit of trouble if you make object bigger than 1 cm in hight, you start notice and feel the curves.

Since it is a well known problem, i assume Conrad also are aware of it ?

how long do they usally spent on replacing parts when under warrenty ?

yea there have been a lot of try and error here in the beginning, but we are slowly getting the hang of it. but so far we have only made small objects.
R3D3
Developer
Developer

Beitrag von R3D3 »

Hi Stevdk,

No personal experience with warranty replacements from C yet, I'm afraid (maybe others can help), but experiences in the forum with this problem indicates a willingness by C to replace the faulty spindles.

I'm attaching a sample pic of one of my first prints, containing what have so far been the tallest parts. The main piece of the Shuttle Orbiter (from Thingiverse, printed in PLA 3mm from German RepRap @ 0.2 mm layers, I believe) is 11 cm long and was printed from the base (near the separate part containing the main engines) to the nose. The green arrows pointing at the booster rocket and showing a range on the fuel tank indicate intentional irregularities which are part of the .stl file. There are a few other irregularities (the most notable one is in red, possibly due to filament issues - I've had some loops stick on the rolls), but nowhere near the regular wave pattern and at the amplitude your pic shows.

(Kurz übersetzt: habe selbst keine Erfahrung mit Conrads Behandlung des Spindelproblems aber Conrad soll sich kulant zeigen, vielleicht können Andere mit Hinweisen helfen? Plus Erklärungen zum Foto, wobei grün gewollte Unregelmäßigkeiten sind.)
Schönen Gruß - R3D3 :victory:

RF1000 | 0.91.48dual | RH 1.6.2 | plus noch:
- Z-Endschalter "+", Not-Aus, Erhöhte X-Schleppkette
- Dual Extruder; angepasste Einhausung; Boardkühlung,
- Dauerdruckplatte, Extrudermotorlüfter
druckttoll
Erfahrener 3D-Drucker
Erfahrener 3D-Drucker

Beitrag von druckttoll »

Hi there,
I've got the sam trouble with my printer. The heat bed is shaking up to 0,1 mm [img size=300]http://www.rf1000.de/media/kunena/attac ... 46_05-.png[/img]
I sent my spindels back to Conrad and they replaced them within two weeks. That's the good thing. No extra costs!
Unfortunately I've got still the same issue. I wrote a friendly complaint last sunday and I'm still waiting for a response.
Stay tuned ...

Ciao for now
Jörg
Stevdk
Filamenttester
Filamenttester

Beitrag von Stevdk »

Now I have returned the printer to the shop in Kiel where i bought it, they sent it in for repair, along with the test samples we printed, hopefully they repair the printer and make sure the spindles are straight before they return it :)

Would be nice if you keep updates on your progress when conrad replies with a respond.
riu
Administrator
Administrator

Beitrag von riu »

Hi Steve.

Once the RF1000 have no runout problem at the ball screw spindles you can print nice things :zwinkern:

Best,
Udo
druckttoll
Erfahrener 3D-Drucker
Erfahrener 3D-Drucker

Beitrag von druckttoll »

Hallo again,

I got a first response from Conrad and they say that there is a maximum tolerance of 2x 0,04 mm within the spindels = 0,08 mm.
So I asked for a more detailed explaination und gave some mor information about how i did the mesuring.

When I compare the surface of the printouts I get tears in my eyes. Hey! The surface! ;)

I hope they will understand and fix it soon! I like my printer. It is a good peace of technology! And I'm sure that Conrad is able to fix my issue with the printer.

Ciao for now
Joerg
Antworten

Zurück zu „Antrieb“